Mainfreight Limited (the Company)
Whistle-Blower PolicyMainfreight has a culture which encourages free, open and frank discussion at all times, and ensures that all Mainfreight team members are enabled to do their utmost to defend the integrity of the Mainfreight business through their vigilance and integrity. Each team member has a clear duty to report any serious breaches of conduct, and Mainfreight expects nothing less.
This Policy sets out the processes in place by which team members are able to raise concerns about actual or suspected contravention of the Company’s ethical and legal standards without fear of reprisal, or feeling threatened by doing so.
Mainfreight team members who become aware of serious wrongdoing within the Company will be protected from any disciplinary or retaliatory action, when:
- the information disclosed is about serious wrongdoing in or by Mainfreight, and
- it is believed on reasonable grounds that the information is true, or likely to be true, and
- the information is disclosed so that the serious wrongdoing can be investigated,and
- the team member wishes their disclosure to be protected.
- the identity of the person making the disclosure must be known and will be protected,
- there will be no disadvantage or victimisation for having made the disclosure, where the discloser has acted in good faith, and has not engaged in misconduct or illegal activities, or made a malicious disclosure.
- a criminal offence,
- breach of any Company policy including the Company’s Code of Ethics,
- significant mismanagement or waste of funds or resources,
- abuse of authority,
- unsafe work practices that pose a serious risk to health or safety, to the environment, or to the maintenance of the law
Submitting an Allegation
Every Mainfreight team member, including Board Directors and members of the senior management team, is subject to the same standards.
Disclosures may be made to an immediate supervisor or a member of the regional training team, or if it is reasonably believed that these avenues are compromised through involvement in the serious wrongdoing (or association with someone who is), then disclosure may be directed to Mainfreight’s Group Manager Team Development:
+64 27 230 8146
Disclosures should include enough information to allow the Company to investigate and validate an incident or situation.
Team members are encouraged to raise their concerns internally in confidence that this is a safe and independent route. As a last resort, if it is felt that outside advice is needed, team members should consider contacting an appropriate external agency in their region, which is able to provide support.
Mainfreight reviews its policies from time to time to ensure compliance with applicable law and practice guidelines/regulations.
Whistle Blower Policy
This Policy sets out the processes in place by which team members are able to raise concerns about actual or suspected contravention of the Company’s ethical and legal standards without fear of reprisal, or feeling threatened by doing so. Download to read more.