- 14 November 2022
LCL Ocean Freight from Shanghai to the United KingdomWe are excited to announce our new LCL Ocean Freight service from Shanghai to the United Kingdom.
With this new LCL service, we consolidate and manage your shipment from Shanghai (Shanghai Port) to London (Felixstowe) within our own Mainfreight global network, with flexible final delivery options all over the United Kingdom.
Our LCL service is a cost effective solution to move more frequently, in varying quantities, allowing you to meet the fluctuating demands of your customers and markets. Our direct service, loaded at origin in our own Mainfreight facility by our experienced team, minimizes the chance of delays at transshipment ports and the need for additional handling.
By notifying our team when your order is placed, our local team can liaise directly with suppliers at a purchase order level, monitoring your order to completion and ensuring timely delivery to our loading facility.
With our local customer service team in the United Kingdom, we can make decisions as close to customers as possible. This provides timely, accurate information on shipment status, and will reduce the time your team may spend on the phone chasing down responses. Door to door, 24/7 tracking is also available for you and your team via our online platform Mainchain and our mobile app for Android and Apple users.
Local Customer Service & Local Brokerage Team
Our experienced in-house brokerage team can assist with seamless clearance of your goods into the United Kingdom, including assistance with Biosecurity requirements and settlement of duties and taxes with HMRC. With the recent changeover to the new CDS entry system in the United Kingdom, our team can also help your business change from CHIEF to CDS with ease.
Characteristics LCL from Shanghai to London
- Cut-off: app. 5 days to prior ETD
- Transit time: app. 30 – 33 days port to port
- Frequency: Bi-weekly
- Added Value: Greater control and visibility, cost effective, with flexible final delivery options all over the United Kingdom
Facts & figures
Port of Felixstowe
- The port handles more than 4million TEUs (Twenty-foot Equivalent Units) and welcomes approximately 2,000 ships each year
- Around 17 shipping lines, offering 33 services to and from over 700 ports around the world
- Unrivalled rail and road links connection
- One of the most important Chinese gateways for foreign trade
- The port occupies an area of almost 4km2
- 542.46 million tons of cargo in 2019
- 43.3 million TEU in 2019