Strategic Sales Support, Mainfreight Ocean
- | Ocean | Toronto
We have an exciting opportunity within our Ocean team as a Strategic Sales Support. This role will support new business generation within our branch and sales team to help achieve our growth goals. This role will add value directly to the Toronto Ocean book of business by assisting the sales team, in unison with relative operational teams, in the most critical aspect of bringing on new accounts and potential key accounts.
You have strong market and operational knowledge and want to apply this understanding in a new way. You are a true Mainfreighter and want to continue growing yourself and your career in a way that adds value to both our operational and sales’ teams. You have a deep understanding of the 100-year vision and how it can be applied to securing new business and achieving our branch’s goals.
You have the ability to simultaneously “zoom in” to day-to-day priorities and “zoom out” to strategically add value to our customers supply chain. Knowledge of our vendors’ strengths and preferences an asset. Knowledge of strategic account management is an asset but not required and you will have the support of the local, national and global teams to make you successful.
You present yourself with an immaculate image, and other people describe you as a leader whether you are leading the front line or putting in the hard work behind the scenes. You have the history of working seamlessly with our operations and branch managers locally and globally.
Role responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Consistently provide unique supply chain solutions and options to the new business opportunities generated by sales team.
- Sourcing, organizing and managing rate structures and one off quotes.
- Assisting and counselling the sales team with SOP creation.
- Aid in the transition of new business seamlessly into the operation.
- Administrative support through Cargowise functions such as One Off Quotes and Client Rates.
- Uncovering/ qualifying potential prospects and IMC lead generation.
- Support customer requests if Sales team is unavailable.
- Ability to work with all personality types.
- High level of organization.
- Mainsale access and function.
Feel like this job is a perfect fit but you don’t tick all the boxes? Sell us on why you should be considered! If you have the above skills, and you are looking for an opportunity to continue to develop your career send your resume to David.Frisina@mainfreight.com