Software Solutions & Support - Customer Facing Team
- | IT | Auckland, NZ
As our business grows, so does our technology used by our operations teams and customers around the world.
To help us get through the growing number of exciting changes and projects we’re being asked for, we are on the hunt for team members who are eager to learn and make a real difference with how we operate in the future.
This is a great opportunity to be in the exciting and changing world of technology – with lots of room for growth and the potential to become a Product Manager/Owner of one of our Mainfreight systems.
This role in our Software Solutions team will have a specific focus on helping manage the MFAO related changes in our Customer Facing Technology - eg. Mainchain, the new Shipment Centre, our Mobile App, and www.mainfreight.com and supply chain tracking experiences to name a few.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Customer Facing Systems used by our MFAO customers and team
- Assisting in the Design, Development and Delivery of new features
- Driving the testing and testing automation strategy for our MFAO applications
- Project managing and coordinating our teams around the world who help build, test and implement our software changes
Don’t be scared if you think you “Don’t know IT stuff” or you think you aren’t Techy... the main thing we are looking for in a team member is their knowledge and experience on how Mainfreight works and a desire to continually learn and grow our business.
Our current team is made up of former Warehousing team leaders, Operations Managers, Customer Service and Sales, and Airfreight operators who previously had no IT experience.
This role would ideally be Auckland based so you can work more closely with our developers and Mainfreight Software teams to learn the ropes, however is not limited to New Zealand.
We are looking for a team member that has:
- Experience and knowledge from time in our business – preferably in MFAO but not mandatory
- A desire to continually learn and feel challenged
- Excitement to work in a fast paced team
- A great attitude and willingness to challenge ‘why’ we do things in a certain way and offer new ideas and reasons
- Good communication and co-ordination skills
- A proactive approach and will actively search for the answers when you don’t know something by either trying or talking to the right people to find the answers you need
- Attention to detail
- Pride in getting the job done and is well organised
Overall, we’re looking for a good sort who enjoys being part of a fun, active and forward thinking team.
If you are interested in applying for this role or are keen to find out more, please discuss this with your branch manager first and send your resume through to email@example.com