Operations, Transport - Orlando, FL
- | Transport | Orlando, FL
ABOUT THE BUSINESS
Mainfreight is in the business of global supply chain logistics. Put simply, we partner with our customers to provide the full spectrum of Warehousing, Domestic Transport and International Air and Ocean Freight services. Our operations are powered by a global team of more than 8,700 passionate people, world-class technology and a can-do attitude. We currently operate in 290 branches across 26 countries. We are one big family, and we are fiercely protective of our deep-rooted identity. Instead of embracing popular corporate conventions, we protect and nurture the unique culture, character and individuality that sets us apart.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Mainfreight is looking to bring on an energetic individual to join our Operations team at our brand new Orlando Branch! We are looking for someone who is patient and has good communication skills as well as multi-tasking and problem solving skills. Computer skills are required as well; to email, enter/track loads, and to keep all of our customers and other terminals up to speed on what is going on daily.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Early morning to late afternoon hours.
- Dispatch local drivers in the morning with loads and follow up to ensure drivers are meeting commitments.
- Set load appointments with customers.
- Respond to emails.
- Enter loads into our system.
- Maintain contact with drivers throughout their shifts and address any routing issues.
- Update customers on the status of their deliveries including any delays that occur.
- Answer calls from delivery drivers and relay any emergencies they have to the appropriate channels.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience Requirements Qualifications include:
- Strong computer skills, data entry is part of the job.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in fast paced environment.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with both drivers and customers in a busy working environment..
- We are looking for a dependable, punctual individual who is committed to showing up for work and someone who will contribute to our team atmosphere and wants to be with a growing company.
- LTL Dispatch experience preferred.
- Must have excellent "people skills", including the ability to work effectively with diverse groups of customers, and co-workers.
- A highly valued role with job satisfaction
- Job security
- Ongoing internal training
- Happy and productive team
- Opportunity and encouragement for career development through internal promotions
- Working with a truly global business
- Job Type: Full-time
- Pay: Negotiable with experience.