MIMS / IT Support
- | Warehousing | Wind Gap, PA
Are you a warehouse savvy individual looking for a new challenge? Does process improvement and cultivating new solutions for the team / customer excite you? If the answer is yes, this role could be for you! As a MIMS / IT support team member you will be able to utilize your hands on experience and your business solution mindset on a daily basis.
About us at the Lehigh Valley Warehouse
The Leigh Valley warehouse started in Oct 2021 in the peaceful town of Wind Gap. It’s a warehouse surrounded by nature and is perfectly placed away from the loud hustle & bustle of a busy city. Despite that, within 15 minutes from the warehouse, a variety of restaurants and shopping centers are accessible. If you are tired of the concrete jungle and keen on outdoor activities such as hiking, enjoying the Delaware River or snowboarding/skiing, our location would be ideal for you.
With a warehouse that’s fairly young, this branch has pulled in many new customers in a very short amount of time. Along with this fast growth, there is currently a gap in experienced team members to take on more advanced roles within the business. To put that growth into perspective, we are a warehousing branch that moved to having 350k profit the first 6 months of operation (FY2022), to making 1 million in profit for the 1st full year (FY2023). This explosive growth in the first 18 months meant a lot of new team members and account champions that are still learning the business and working through mastering the operations at this time. This also means we are in need of experienced Mainfreighters from other branches that are looking to take that next step in their career.
About the position:
At Mainfreight, there are no job descriptions, but we have some primary responsibilities that the MIMS/IT support team member will be focused on.
- Continuously learning about MIMS, its capabilities and applying these learnings to the current operations.
- This includes training the branch’s team members on using modules that would best fit and overall optimize the operations.
- Be the first point of contact for troubleshooting minor issues originating from the branch
- Be the main point of contact to the wider MIMS support team for any issues or outstanding projects that are being implemented.
- Participating in IT implementations for new customers
We will send you to work with our other branches where our most experienced business development team members are located to get you on your feet with the basics.
About the Candidate:
- A positive work attitude, an easy to deal with mindset and the ability to work with urgency and high-energy on different projects.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate on different levels and with customers.
- A thorough knowledge of warehouse processes and MIMS and a strong desire to further develop his or her knowledge.
- A creative mind that enables the candidate to think “out of the box” and to come up with innovative solutions.
This role will put you in the driver’s seat of our branch’s IT capabilities. You will have full control on how efficiently our branch can utilize the WMS.
If this opportunity sounds like the kind of career challenge you are looking for, please discuss this with your branch manager and then reach out to Stephen Cacnio at Stephen.Cacnio@mainfreight.com