Customs Declarant Paris | Lyon
Air & Ocean | Paris/Lyon, France
Mainfreight Paris & Lyon, located in two of France’s main cities, are looking for a Customs Declarant to join their ranks.
Both our French branches have been in the Mainfreight family since our European inception in 2013 and are key hubs for the entire country – with a growing team, we are looking for someone who wants to take on the challenge of strengthening our team.
- You will be a pivotal member of the Branch
- Handling customs declarations for our customer base and global network, on both import and export, from A to Z
- A high degree of responsibility: decisions are yours to make
- We do not have job descriptions at Mainfreight – although customs declaration will be your primary task, you will have every opportunity to see our supply chain in action in 360 degrees
- You will build relationships with our Air & Ocean Freight teams, both locally and globally, as well with our Sales Representatives, whilst using our global network, technology and resources
- The role can be fulfilled in either Paris or Lyon, dependent on your preferences – regular visits to the other branch are part of the role
Who are we looking for?
- A passionate and energetic team member, with:
- Ambition and eagerness to grow within our organization
- A high degree of responsibility and autonomy – you will be working with our teams, but you are the focal point when it comes to customs expertise
- A person who does not accept the status quo – someone who seeks not just to maintain standards, but beat them and constantly redefine our performance level
- An excellent communicator: with your team, our customers and the wider Mainfreight group – this is paramount across cultures
- The want to build a career in a global environment and an open mind to learn about Mainfreight, our culture and how we do business
- Fluency in French; a basic level of English is preferred
We offer you:
- Access to a global business that wants you to have a fun and exciting career
- Access to key management for mentoring and advice when needed
- A chance to grow your career in a global business, following the path that fits with your interests and values
- Training and support to give you the best opportunity to be successful in your role
What we do?
Our business can be broken down into three core areas:
Who we are?
We have a 100-year vision, that means every person and every decision we make today will leave an imprint on this company now and for 100 years to come. This long-term vision guides us as a business and determines both our decisions and actions every day.
As we extend our operations across the major trading nations of the world, we continue to stand out for the right reasons. It is our uncompromising quality, agility and unique culture which sets us apart.
What is the working culture like?
We believe in working hard but we also have fun and a laugh while we do it. Our team is empowered to make decisions and have a say in how we do things.
How will my career progress?
Once you have learnt the fundamentals of Mainfreight on the operations floor, you will move into other areas of the business where you will get the right mix of autonomy and support. We believe that smart people can learn the specifics of any role so our focus is on helping you develop personal and professional skills that will allow you take on any role in the business.
We are an ever-changing business and we are constantly reviewing new ways to help our team develop the world-class skills that will lead our business into the future.
What Training and Development do you offer?
Our ongoing team development programs around the world currently includes:
- A full induction program
- Learning the business from the operations floor-up
- Structured leadership programmes
- Personal development courses
Marine Deniau | HR Manager
T: +33 160 217 409