Business Development/Sales Representative
Air & Ocean | Paris, France
Located in one of the most dynamic cities in Europe, Mainfreight Air & Ocean Paris has been in the Mainfreight family since our inception in 2013. Paris is a key hub in France & Europe and thus holds fantastic opportunity.
Now, we are ready to go to the next level. Sales is the lifeblood of our business at Mainfreight and we want a team member that has an energy and a hunger for Sales to join our growing sales team in Paris, in a business development role with the ambition to grow our customer base and bring new partnerships into our business.
Our strategy is simple: we want to be the best global supply chain provider. We want the right person to join our journey and contribute to our story. You will have the freedom and encouragement to proactively seek out and develop opportunities/prospects whilst being in Mainfreight’s strongest European sales team, consisting of team members across Air, Ocean, Warehousing, road transport and supply chain solutions. All of these solutions are supported by some of the best supply chain technology in the market.
- You will be a pivotal member of the Branch, focusing on acquiring new business and partners with who have the need for air & ocean freight in their supply chain
- You will be a leader in our business, setting a high standard and driving a strong sales culture
- You will build relationships with our customers, understanding their supply chain and using our global network, technology and resources to mould a solution that fits their needs
- You will help design and drive sales initiatives in the branch in order to grow our market share and name in the French market
- You will not just be working behind a computer, instead, you will have the freedom to utilize all of your resources and be out in front of customers building relationships with key stakeholders in their business
Who are we looking for?
- You are passionate, energetic team member with a strong sales focus and a want to develop your sales skills in order to build relationships with new customers
- You are a solutions minded person who likes technology, developing new relationships and has a hunger for sales
- You are a person who does not accept the status quo – a person who seeks not just to maintain standards, but beat them and constantly redefine our performance level
- You must have a big picture and long term focus, move with pace and sometimes have a little impatience
- You have excellent communication skills; with your team, the customer and the wider Mainfreight group – this is paramount across cultures
- You want to build a career in a global business
- You have Previous Air & Ocean knowledge with an understanding of operations
- You will have an open mind to learn about Mainfreight, our culture and how we do business with a flexible mind-set for growth
- You will have a good understanding of costing a supply chain solution, introducing competitive solutions whilst understanding margin levels
- You have a Bachelors or Master’s degree
- You are able to speak French and English fluently
We offer you:
- Access to a global business that wants you to have a fun and exciting career
- Access to key management for mentoring and advice when needed
- A chance to grow your career in a global business, following the path that fits with your interests and values
- Future global travel opportunities to sell to customers and grow our business in France
- Training and support to give you the best opportunity to be successful in your role
- The tools you need to be successful in your role, including a laptop, phone and car
- Procurement and pricing support
Our business can be broken down into three core areas:
We have a 100-year vision, that means every person and every decision we make today will leave an imprint on this company now and for 100 years to come. This long-term vision guides us as a business and determines both our decisions and actions every day.
As we extend our operations across the major trading nations of the world, we continue to stand out for the right reasons. It is our uncompromising quality, agility and unique culture which sets us apart.
We believe in working hard but we also have fun and a laugh while we do it. Our team is empowered to make decisions and have a say in how we do things.
Once you have learnt the fundamentals of Mainfreight on the operations floor, you will move into other areas of the business where you will get the right mix of autonomy and support. We believe that smart people can learn the specifics of any role so our focus is on helping you develop personal and professional skills that will allow you take on any role in the business.
We are an ever-changing business and we are constantly reviewing new ways to help our team develop the world-class skills that will lead our business into the future.
Our ongoing team development programs around the world currently includes:
- A full induction program
- Learning the business from the operations floor-up
- Structured leadership programmes
- Personal development courses
Tom Slabbers | Branch Manager
T: +33 1 48 62 43 26