Mainfreight uses intermodal transport solutions on several destinations in order to optimize traffic flows and increase our sustainability. This can include short sea shipping, rail and /or barge transport.
Every month we transport hundreds of containers from Western Europe through the port of Antwerp to Russia. Our own offices in Hamina (FI) and St. Petersburg (RU) ensure a fast and efficient processing of the goods for transit to the final recipient.•
Short sea to Russia
- Transportation of all types of containers, 20ft, 40ft, 45ft, Reefer, HC
- Fixed transit times: 5-7 days to St. Petersburg and Moscow
- High loading capacity: 22 tons of cargo (road transport limited to 20 tons)
- Extensive possibilities for customs formalities (TIR Carnet)
- Your shipment passes only one border, so you only deal once with customs formalities
Train transport from Belgium to Italy and vice versaIn cooperation with our partner in Italy we consolidate groupage shipments into a 45ft High Cube container for transport by rail to Italy. After receiving the container in Italy, the goods will be delivered regionally. The same applies to shipments from Italy bound for Belgium.
Barge transport Rotterdam to 's-Heerenberg
Incoming containers with goods bound for storage in our warehouses in 's-Heerenberg, are shipped to ‘s-Heerenberg via the inland container terminal in Emmerich (Germany). Located only 7 kilometers from ‘s-Heerenberg, the Rhein Waal Terminal offers direct connections to the ports of Duisburg, Rotterdam and Antwerp.