Mainfreight uses intermodal transport solutions on several destinations in order to optimize traffic flows and increase our sustainability. This can include short sea shipping, rail and /or barge transport.
Short sea to Russia
- Transportation of all types of containers, 20ft, 40ft, 45ft, Reefer, HC
- Fixed transit times: 5-7 days to St. Petersburg and Moscow
- High loading capacity: 22 tons of cargo (road transport limited to 20 tons)
- Extensive possibilities for customs formalities (TIR Carnet)
- Your shipment passes only one border, so you only deal once with customs formalities
Train transport from Belgium to Italy and vice versa
Barge transport Rotterdam to 's-Heerenberg
Incoming containers with goods bound for storage in our warehouses in 's-Heerenberg, are shipped to ‘s-Heerenberg via the inland container terminal in Emmerich (Germany). Located only 7 kilometers from ‘s-Heerenberg, the Rhein Waal Terminal offers direct connections to the ports of Duisburg, Rotterdam and Antwerp.