- 14 July 2022
IT Network Engineer
Support | ’s-Heerenberg, Cluj, Oostend
It’s all about Networking!:
As network engineer based in ‘s-Heerenberg, Ostend or Cluj you will be working in a widely varied role, with multiple responsibilities and challenges. In your role as network engineer you will be:
- Developing the Mainfreight network infrastructure to Mainfreight’s needs;
- Maintaining the core, access, wireless and WAN networks of Mainfreight in Europe;
- Ensuring secure and stable network connectivity;
- Monitoring network capacity and performance to keep up with the demand of network traffic;
- Running diagnostic test and performing repairs;
- Training other colleagues, preparing user manuals, and providing remote or onsite technical support;
- Enhancing network security, maintaining firewalls and auditing of firewall rules;
- Documenting network processes and cabling layouts;
- Stay up to date with the latest network developments;
- Cooperate with other regional network engineers at global level, deploying global standards;
- Work on European IT projects.
You will the ability to:
- Understand the critical role that IT plays in helping accelerate the business;
- Understand our business and the needs of both internal and external customers;
- Supervise and lead a team of engineers, have a ‘Can Do’ and ‘Easy To Deal With’ mentality.
The ideal candidate has:
- Experience in computer science, information science, or similar;
- Certified in Cisco as a core competency, Palo Alto and Citrix Netscaler experience preferable;
- Cisco SD-WAN experience;
- Telephony, Webex integration and presence integration is a nice to have;
- Extensive knowledge of network connectivity, technologies, protocols, and security;
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills;
- Great organizational and time management skills;
- Willingness to visit remote locations;
- Availability to work outside of business hours;
- Excellent in English, verbal and in writing;
- Flexible and a hands on mentality.
What we offer:
- You will be part of a dynamic company where you can make a difference;
- A ‘family’ culture in a stimulating, pragmatic and commercial environment;
- We offer an competitive salary plus a range of benefits.
Our business can be broken down into three core areas:
We have a 100-year vision, that means every person and every decision we make today will leave an imprint on this company now and for 100 years to come. This long-term vision guides us as a business and determines both our decisions and actions every day.
As we extend our operations across the major trading nations of the world, we continue to stand out for the right reasons. It is our uncompromising quality, agility and unique culture which sets us apart.
We believe in working hard but we also have fun and a laugh while we do it. Our team is empowered to make decisions and have a say in how we do things.
Once you have learnt the fundamentals of Mainfreight on the operations floor, you will move into other areas of the business where you will get the right mix of autonomy and support. We believe that smart people can learn the specifics of any role so our focus is on helping you develop personal and professional skills that will allow you take on any role in the business.
We are an ever-changing business and we are constantly reviewing new ways to help our team develop the world-class skills that will lead our business into the future.
Our ongoing team development programs around the world currently includes:
- A full induction program
- Learning the business from the operations floor-up
- Structured leadership programmes
- Personal development courses
Melvin Westerveld | Recruiter
T: +31 314 678 361