- 30 August 2021
Service Announcement Asia | Coronavirus COVID-19 Update
Market Updates - Air & Ocean | Updated on 30 Aug 2021
Our first priority is keeping our team safe and doing all we can to keep products moving. Although the challenges throughout our markets are present, all of our branches globally remain operational and here to assist. We will release market updates as new information becomes available. The most recent news on each service can be found below.
Our Mainfreight branches and depots throughout North and South East Asia continue to operate without commercial restriction, despite recent infection increases in some countries resulting in an elevation of social measures to combat COVID–19.
For further information about the service announcement of COVID-19 update, please contact our local team.
- (Updated on 30Aug) China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea teams - 100% operational
- (Updated on 30Aug) Malaysia team - 60% operational
- (Updated on 30Aug) Singapore team - 50% operational and some of our team members shift duty
- (Updated on 30Aug) Thailand team - Work on shift duty (70% work from home, 30% in office).
- (Updated on 30 Aug) Japan teams - 25% operational and some of our team members shift duty
- (Updated on 30 Aug) Vietnam teams - 100% Work from Home until 6Sept
Basic Prevention Measures
We are seeing a sharp increase in the number of Coronavirus cases throughout the world. We are taking a practical and common sense approach to ensure that our team, customers and everyone around us remain safe and that the risk of infection and further spread is reduced, whilst keeping our operations running.
Please take additional precautions in an effort to reduce the risk of spread. Stay aware of the latest information on the COVID-19 outbreak through your national and local public health authority and please take care of your health and protect others by following the basic coronavirus prevention measures below:
✔ Wash your hands frequently
Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water. Washing your hands with soap and water or using alcohol-based hand rub kills viruses that may be on your hands.
✔ Maintain social distancing
Maintain at least 1 metre (3 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing. When someone coughs or sneezes they spray small liquid droplets from their nose or mouth which may contain virus. If you are too close, you can breathe in the droplets, including the COVID-19 virus if the person coughing has the disease.
✔ Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
Hands touch many surfaces and can pick up viruses. Once contaminated, hands can transfer the virus to your eyes, nose or mouth. From there, the virus can enter your body and can make you sick.
✔ Practice respiratory hygiene
Make sure you, and the people around you, follow good respiratory hygiene. This means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately. Droplets spread virus. By following good respiratory hygiene you protect the people around you from viruses such as cold, flu and COVID-19.
✔ If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early
Stay home if you feel unwell. If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention and call in advance. Follow the directions of your local health authority.National and local authorities will have the most up to date information on the situation in your area. Calling in advance will allow your health care provider to quickly direct you to the right health facility. This will also protect you and help prevent spread of viruses and other infections.
✔ Stay informed and follow advice given by your healthcare provider
Stay informed on the latest developments about COVID-19. Follow advice given by your healthcare provider, your national and local public health authority or your employer on how to protect yourself and others from COVID-19. National and local authorities will have the most up to date information on whether COVID-19 is spreading in your area. They are best placed to advise on what people in your area should be doing to protect themselves.
Together we are strong.
Within Mainfreight we have started below protocol, which helps to minimise the potential spreading of the Coronavirus. We will continue to implement any new protocols as they are advised by the relevant authorities.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a handkerchief or bent elbow if you cough or sneeze.
- Wash your hands regularly for at least 30 seconds with soap and water or with a disinfecting alcohol gel. Dry your hands with paper towels.
- Avoid contact and keep a distance of at least 1,5 meter
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- Do not share personal items such as pens, food, drinks, cups.
- Stay at home (or work from home if possible) if you feel sick.
- Contact your doctor if you have a fever, cough and are short of breath.
- Inform your supervisor if you have been in risk areas. This includes China South Korea, Northern Italy, Japan, Iran, Singapore, Hong Kong, United States and Thailand etc.