- 09 July 2021
Senior IT system Engineer (Application Delivery)SUPPORT | ‘S-HEERENBERG, NEDERLAND
We are a strong global supply chain solutions provider with presence in New Zealand, Australia, the Americas, Asia and Europe. Our operations in Europe powered by a team of more than 2700 team members, but ask our people and they’ll tell you it’s like being part of one blue-blooded family; our DNA is carved out of passion and teamwork.
It’s all about Systems!:
As a Senior IT System Engineer based in ‘s-Heerenberg or from a remote location in NL, you will be working in a widely varied role, with multiple responsibilities and challenges. In your role as a SSE you will:
- Build, patches, tests (check for compatibility issues, conducts QA) and deploys complex systems and platforms meeting clients’ needs and specifications;
- Planning and implementing changes to infrastructure with the goal of enhancing performance;
- Performs complex storage and server data backup, data migration and disaster recovery operations;
- Performs complex software and operating system upgrades and track system licensing;
- Provides technical support (service desk) to users by troubleshooting problems related to system or platform performance.
- Documents complex procedures and troubleshooting procedures related to systems/networks software and hardware;
- Configuration and maintenance of office and/or production software, adjunct support and/or utility software, i.e. virus malware protections, office application suites and/or business application software;
- Team up with other IT engineers;
- Work with Business Application owners, developers, vendors, consultants, contractors, and IT team members from other regions;
- Keeping informed of developments in network technologies and infrastructure;
- Cooperate with other regional System Engineers at global level, deploying global standards.
You will the ability to:
- Understand the critical role that IT plays in helping accelerate the business;
- Understand our business and the needs of both internal and external customers;
- Supervise and lead a team of engineers, have a ‘Can Do’ and ‘Easy To Deal With’ mentality.
The ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information science, or similar;
- At least 5-7 years working in a Microsoft environment with strong AD, Azure and SCCM knowledge;
- Strong background in managing storage preferably HPE technology;
- Enterprise level experience in Citrix for at least 5 years;
- VMWare experience for 5-7 years; Linux knowledge (RHE) is a plus;
- Reverse engineering experience;
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Willingness to visit remote locations;
- Availability to perform system repairs outside of business hours;
- Excellent in English, verbal and in writing;
- Flexible and a hands on mentality.
What we offer:
- You will be part of a dynamic company where you can make a difference;
- A ‘family’ culture in a stimulating, pragmatic and commercial environment.
Our business can be broken down into three core areas:
We have a 100-year vision, that means every person and every decision we make today will leave an imprint on this company now and for 100 years to come. This long-term vision guides us as a business and determines both our decisions and actions every day.
As we extend our operations across the major trading nations of the world, we continue to stand out for the right reasons. It is our uncompromising quality, agility and unique culture which sets us apart.
We believe in working hard but we also have fun and a laugh while we do it. Our team is empowered to make decisions and have a say in how we do things.
Once you have learnt the fundamentals of Mainfreight on the operations floor, you will move into other areas of the business where you will get the right mix of autonomy and support. We believe that smart people can learn the specifics of any role so our focus is on helping you develop personal and professional skills that will allow you take on any role in the business.
We are an ever-changing business and we are constantly reviewing new ways to help our team develop the world-class skills that will lead our business into the future.
Our ongoing team development programs around the world currently includes:
- A full induction program
- Learning the business from the operations floor-up
- Structured leadership programmes
- Personal development courses
Melvin Westerveld | Recruiter
T: +31 314 678 361