- 18 November 2021
Support | Cluj, Romania
ABOUT THE ROLE
The new team member would be responsible for the general accounting and financial functioning of our branches in Cluj and Timisoara, supporting the business in accurate financial and accounting reporting and analysis. The new team member will be a highly productive and functioning member, with technical knowledge and will be part of the support team, which is located in Ploiesti branch. The selected person will perform his/her tasks at the Cluj office. The new team member will perform general accounting and reporting functions for local management and external reporting needs.
DUTIES & RESPONSBILITIES
- The major functions will be to concluded/perform;
- Statutory accounting for beginning until balance sheet for two of our branches;
- Support for the Operational Team in order to collect receivables in time;
- Ensuring that all documents related to invoices from the supplier are received correctly and on time;
- Duties include highlighting to management potential issues affecting expenses, weekly report preparation, on each Monday for the previous week of the P&L to the Branch Manager and Finance Manager;
- Ensure work is complete within the specified time frame and manage risk prior to the deadline where work is falling behind schedule;
- Identify solutions to problems, opportunities or issues raised;
- Maintain excellent working relationships with the team in Cluj Branch but also with the other branches in the country;
- Providing and interpreting financial information;
- Conducting reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities;
- Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation;
- Other projects as assigned from time to time by managers.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance;
- Strong understanding of accounting theory;
- 3-5 years accounting/finance experience;
- Proficiency with email and Microsoft Office applications.
This is where you come in! We are looking for a person with:
- Ability to work with deadlines;
- Good communication across all levels of business;
- Team player;
- Analytical mind;
- Strong systems skills;
- Integrity & trust;
- Organizational agility;
- Problem solving;
- Time management;
- Highly detail oriented;
- Advanced English communication skills.
What we offer you:
- Annual / quarterly bonuses;
- A professional working environment in a multinational company;
- Personal and professional development trainings;
- Medlife medical insurance.
Our business can be broken down into three core areas:
We have a 100-year vision, that means every person and every decision we make today will leave an imprint on this company now and for 100 years to come. This long-term vision guides us as a business and determines both our decisions and actions every day.
As we extend our operations across the major trading nations of the world, we continue to stand out for the right reasons. It is our uncompromising quality, agility and unique culture which sets us apart.
We believe in working hard but we also have fun and a laugh while we do it. Our team is empowered to make decisions and have a say in how we do things.
Once you have learnt the fundamentals of Mainfreight on the operations floor, you will move into other areas of the business where you will get the right mix of autonomy and support. We believe that smart people can learn the specifics of any role so our focus is on helping you develop personal and professional skills that will allow you take on any role in the business.
We are an ever-changing business and we are constantly reviewing new ways to help our team develop the world-class skills that will lead our business into the future.
Our ongoing team development programs around the world currently includes:
- A full induction program
- Learning the business from the operations floor-up
- Structured leadership programmes
- Personal development courses