- 04 March 2021
Air & Ocean | Manchester, United Kingdom
Our Manchester Air&Ocean team is looking for an enthusiastic team member with a hunger for Sales to join our team as a Sales Support member. Our sales team is continuously growing and the Sales Support role is the perfect place to grow and learn Mainfreight sales from the inside out. We see this role as a stepping stone to a career in sales, therefore we are looking for someone with a desire to learn and grow internally with the direction for a career in sales in our business.
- Supporting the External Sales team with customer related quotes, presentations, tenders and service, sales call planning;
- Being a vital link between our customers and our business, often directly assisting in queries, questions and possible solutions that may assist them;
- Understanding our true costs and selling strategies and pro-activeness to exceed customer expectations;
Who are we looking for?
- A passionate, energetic team member with a strong sales focus and desire for our team to succeed;
- A solutions minded person who sees sales as the lifeblood of our business;
- Previous Air & Ocean sales and operational knowledge is an advantage;
- A true Mainfreighter who seeks not just to maintain standards, but beat them and constantly redefine our performance level;
- Without accepting status quo, you will bring an energetic approach to developing our business further;
- You must have a big picture and long term focus, and move with pace and sometimes impatience;
- Excellent communication skills; with your team, the customer and the group – this is paramount across cultures;
- Strong ability to analyse data and draw conclusions for the relevant application to our business;
- A 'family' culture in a stimulating, pragmatic and commercial environment;
- A high degree of autonomy and plenty of room for personal initiatives;
- A dynamic and exciting international market and organization which provides the ambitious professional with many opportunities;
- A very good salary and benefits.
Our business can be broken down into three core areas:
We have a 100-year vision, that means every person and every decision we make today will leave an imprint on this company now and for 100 years to come. This long-term vision guides us as a business and determines both our decisions and actions every day.
As we extend our operations across the major trading nations of the world, we continue to stand out for the right reasons. It is our uncompromising quality, agility and unique culture which sets us apart.
We believe in working hard but we also have fun and a laugh while we do it. Our team is empowered to make decisions and have a say in how we do things.
Once you have learnt the fundamentals of Mainfreight on the operations floor, you will move into other areas of the business where you will get the right mix of autonomy and support. We believe that smart people can learn the specifics of any role so our focus is on helping you develop personal and professional skills that will allow you take on any role in the business.
We are an ever-changing business and we are constantly reviewing new ways to help our team develop the world-class skills that will lead our business into the future.
Our ongoing team development programs around the world currently includes:
- A full induction program
- Learning the business from the operations floor-up
- Structured leadership programmes
- Personal development courses
Graham Cordingley | Branch Manager
T: +44 161 513 9631