- You will be a pivotal member of the Branch, focusing on acquiring new business
- You will build relationships with our customers, understanding their supply chain and use our global network, technology and resources to mould a solution that fits their needs
- You will have a good understanding of costing a supply chain solution, introducing competitive solutions whilst understanding margin levels
- You will have an open mind to learn about Mainfreight, our culture and how we do business with a flexible and mind-set for growth
- You will help design and drive sales initiatives in the branch in order to grow our market share and name in the market
- We expect you to utilize all of your resources and be out in front of customers building relationships with key stakeholders in their business
- A passionate, energetic team member with a desire to develop your sales skills to build relationships with new customers
- A self-motivated individual who has the drive to hunt new business
- A strategic thinker who is capable of designing solutions that best suit the customers needs
- A person who seeks not just to maintain standards, but beat them and constantly redefine our performance level
- You must have a big picture and long term focus, move with pace and sometimes impatience
- Excellent communication skills; with your team, the customer and the wider Mainfreight group
- A passionate person who wants to build a career in a global business
- Previous Air & Ocean knowledge is an advantage but not a necessity
- Access to a global business that wants you to have a fun and exciting career
- Access to key management for mentoring and advice when needed
- A real chance to grow your career in a business in the direction that fits with your interests and values
- Future Global travel opportunities
Our business can be broken down into three core areas:
We have a 100-year vision, that means every person and every decision we make today will leave an imprint on this company now and for 100 years to come. This long-term vision guides us as a business and determines both our decisions and actions every day.
As we extend our operations across the major trading nations of the world, we continue to stand out for the right reasons. It is our uncompromising quality, agility and unique culture which sets us apart.
We believe in working hard but we also have fun and a laugh while we do it. Our team is empowered to make decisions and have a say in how we do things.
Once you have learnt the fundamentals of Mainfreight on the operations floor, you will move into other areas of the business where you will get the right mix of autonomy and support. We believe that smart people can learn the specifics of any role so our focus is on helping you develop personal and professional skills that will allow you take on any role in the business.
We are an ever-changing business and we are constantly reviewing new ways to help our team develop the world-class skills that will lead our business into the future.
Our ongoing team development programs around the world currently includes:
- A full induction program
- Learning the business from the operations floor-up
- Structured leadership programmes
- Personal development courses