- 24 July 2022
Sales Executive | New Jersey Transport
If you are looking for a change or to begin a career in sales, we are looking for energetic, enthusiastic team members who have a hunger for delighting our customers.This role may be the perfect opportunity for you to join our fun, fast pace and ever-growing Transport sales team.This sales role will provide you with a fantastic opportunity to become an expert in domestic transport, learn valuable sales skills with on the go training and development whilst giving you greater exposure to the wider supply chain of the business.
About the Role
- Do you enjoy working in a fast passed environment?
- Are you a "people person" who enjoys finding solutions to meet the needs of others?
- Do you want to be part of a company with a growing global wingspan yet a close-knit team that will invest in your development and support you in taking the steps to grow your career?
Well, Mainfreight is just that, and if you're looking for this in a career… you are in the right place!
An exciting sales opportunity has become available in our rapidly evolving Mainfreight Transport branch in Newark, NJ. This sales-based role will play an integral part in executing our long-term plans whilst helping Mainfreight grow in The Americas.
Mainfreight is a true Supply Chain provider with over 10,000 Team Members worldwide working amongst our 305 Branches in 25 countries to help service our customer's high-end supply chain needs. What makes Mainfreight a special company to work and do business with is our unique culture and company values that we fiercely protect and carry through in the quality that we deliver.
About the Role
This role will teach you sales starting from the ground up as it is very “hands-on” and requires you to learn the business in person and on the floor before moving through the wider business.
You will learn all Transport functions and systems, including operations, administration, customer service, sales support, and sales.
You will also gain exposure to the wider business, including Warehousing and International Forwarding (understanding of the global business – who we are and what we do), allowing you to become a well-rounded Sales Team member.
You will be put through internal and external training sessions and will be required to have involvement in sales meetings and conferences that can take place in various locations across the country. Weekly debriefs with the Branch Manager will keep you informed and provide guidance throughout the program as well.
We are looking for an inspiring person with the below attributes:
- An infectious passion for all that they do
- Exceptional communicator
- A keen eye for process improvement & change management
- Developing and delivering new initiatives for our Team
- KPI-driven / goal-driven to maintain our high standard of service for our Customers
- Hungry to be solving issues, even if you initially see it as a challenge
- Attention to detail
- Working extensively with the Mainfreight Warehousing and Air & Ocean Teams
- Must be extremely motivated and willing to go the extra mile consistently
Ideally, you’ll be able to:
- Work as part of a Team, have a great sense of humor with a can do attitude
- Be innovative, proactive and a solution provider
- Be self-motivated and have excellent time management skills
- A high level of communication skills, both verbal and electronic
- Be good under pressure
Sales experience is not necessary, but a desire to sell and manage a business is a must.