- 01 February 2022
Ocean | London, United Kingdom
ABOUT THE ROLE
With a fantastic opportunity available, we are looking for a highly motivated sales team member to join our ocean freight branch to grow our business. Ideally the successful candidate will have experience in new business sales with a track record of both LCL and FCL customers. All the tools will be provided for you to be successful.
DUTIES & RESPONSBILITIES
Based in our new London ocean freight branch in Stratford, this role is all about hunting for new opportunities, with a free reign to plan your week, and to make decisions quickly.
This is where you come in! We are looking for a person with:
- Excellent presentation and image;
- An attitude and appetite for new business;
- Self-motivation , who is organized, and able to develop a solid pipeline;
- A genuine interest in selling supply chain and logistics;
- The ability to think strategically and outside the square to problem solve;
- Selling in FMCG, food and beverage, DIY verticals is a bonus;
- Ability to develop, implement, and maintain sales activity with plans;
- Previous sales experience in an ocean freight environment preferred.
If this sound like you and you would like to be part of a global supply chain business that offers training and support to fuel career growth either locally or abroad then please get in touch today.
Our business can be broken down into three core areas:
We have a 100-year vision, that means every person and every decision we make today will leave an imprint on this company now and for 100 years to come. This long-term vision guides us as a business and determines both our decisions and actions every day.
As we extend our operations across the major trading nations of the world, we continue to stand out for the right reasons. It is our uncompromising quality, agility and unique culture which sets us apart.
We believe in working hard but we also have fun and a laugh while we do it. Our team is empowered to make decisions and have a say in how we do things.
Once you have learnt the fundamentals of Mainfreight on the operations floor, you will move into other areas of the business where you will get the right mix of autonomy and support. We believe that smart people can learn the specifics of any role so our focus is on helping you develop personal and professional skills that will allow you take on any role in the business.
We are an ever-changing business and we are constantly reviewing new ways to help our team develop the world-class skills that will lead our business into the future.
Our ongoing team development programs around the world currently includes:
- A full induction program
- Learning the business from the operations floor-up
- Structured leadership programmes
- Personal development courses
Seth Freeman | Branch Manager
T: +44 203 873 7643