- 09 September 2021
Outside Sales Representative London
AIR | London, United Kingdom
Opening our own Mainfreight operations in the United Kingdom in 2016, we have now grown to have two branches and an infectious team who is making a difference for our customers right throughout the UK.
With this, we are now at the point where we need to go to the next level. Sales is the lifeblood of our business at Mainfreight and we are looking for an energetic team member with a proven track record in aviation/air freight experience to join our Sales Team in London. Our Team, located at London Heathrow is looking for an enthusiastic team member with a hunger for Sales to join our growing sales team with the ambition to grow our customer base and bring new partnerships into our business.
Our strategy is simple, we want to be the best global supply chain provider and we want the right person to join our journey and contribute to our story. You will have the freedom and encouragement to proactively seek out and develop future initiatives whilst being in Mainfreight’s strongest European sales team, consisting of teams across Air, Ocean, Warehousing, road transport and supply chain solutions. All of these solutions are supported by some of the best supply chain technology in class.
- Based in our London Air Freight branch, this role is all about hunting for new opportunities, with a free reign to plan your week, and to make decisions quickly.
Who are we looking for?
- Excellent presentation and image
- An attitude and appetite for new business
- Self-motivation , who is organized, and able to develop a solid pipeline
- A genuine interest in selling supply chain and logistics
- The ability to think strategically and outside the square to problem solve
- Selling in FMCG, food and beverage, DIY verticals is a bonus
- Ability to develop, implement, and maintain sales activity with plans
- Previous sales experience in an air & ocean freight environment preferred
We offer you:
- Access to a global business that wants you to have a fun and exciting career
- Access to key management for mentoring and advise when needed
- A real chance to grow your career in a business in the direction that fits with your interests and values
- Future Global travel opportunities
Mainfreight is a Global Supply Chain service provider. From humble beginnings in New Zealand, Mainfreight has grown its global footprint to what it is today. With 285 Branches and 8,631 Team members located throughout Europe, USA, Asia, New Zealand and Australia, Mainfreight Prides itself on providing the best service possible to its customers and being a business that provides exciting careers to its team members.
Culture, Family and Philosophy are the foundations that make up our three pillars of Mainfreight. We’re a business that believes in working together as a team, to take Mainfreight to be the best global logistics business in the world. We believe in promoting from within and we only want the best people who want to join our story and have a lifelong career with us. Our workplace is a challenging, but an exciting environment that constantly changes and provides new opportunities, all over the world.
Our business can be broken down into three core areas:
We have a 100-year vision, that means every person and every decision we make today will leave an imprint on this company now and for 100 years to come. This long-term vision guides us as a business and determines both our decisions and actions every day.
As we extend our operations across the major trading nations of the world, we continue to stand out for the right reasons. It is our uncompromising quality, agility and unique culture which sets us apart.
We believe in working hard but we also have fun and a laugh while we do it. Our team is empowered to make decisions and have a say in how we do things.
Once you have learnt the fundamentals of Mainfreight on the operations floor, you will move into other areas of the business where you will get the right mix of autonomy and support. We believe that smart people can learn the specifics of any role so our focus is on helping you develop personal and professional skills that will allow you take on any role in the business.
We are an ever-changing business and we are constantly reviewing new ways to help our team develop the world-class skills that will lead our business into the future.
Our ongoing team development programs around the world currently includes:
- A full induction program
- Learning the business from the operations floor-up
- Structured leadership programmes
- Personal development courses
John Lane | Branch Manager
T: +44 203 873 7631