- 16 February 2021
Ocean Customer Service
Air & Ocean | Lyon, France
Our Mainfreight office in Lyon has been part of the Mainfreight family since our European inception in 2013. This city is a key strategic hub for France’s supply chain, and holds a lot of opportunity.
As part of our growth strategy, we are welcoming a new Customer Service team member to look after our ocean export and import customers.
Our strategy is simple: we want to be the best global supply chain provider. We want the right person to join our journey and contribute to our story. You will have the freedom and encouragement to proactively seek out and develop opportunities – we do not have job descriptions within Mainfreight!
- You will be a pivotal member of the Lyon branch, responsible for the export and import ocean freight shipments
- In addition, you will be in contact with our overseas global teams
- You will have the freedom to expand this role with other responsibilities: if you would like to increase your knowledge on air freight, pricing, or finance, you are free to do so
- The role is based in our brand-new office in Lyon
Who are we looking for?
- You are a passionate, energetic team member, with a want to develop your skills on a continuous basis
- You are a person who does not accept the status quo – a person who seeks not just to maintain standards, but beat them and constantly redefine our performance level
- You are a detail-oriented person
- You have excellent communication skills; with your team, our customers and the wider Mainfreight group – this is paramount across cultures
- You possess operational experience in ocean freight
- You want to build a career in a global business
- You will have an open mind to learn about Mainfreight, our culture and how we do business
- You have a Bachelors or Master’s degree
- You are fluent in French and proficient in English
- Previous experience in CargoWise is a bonus
We offer you:
- Access to a global business that wants you to have a fun and exciting career
- Access to key management for mentoring and advice when needed
- A chance to grow your career in a global business, following the path that fits with your interests and values
- Training and support to give you the best opportunity to be successful in your role
Our business can be broken down into three core areas:
We have a 100-year vision, that means every person and every decision we make today will leave an imprint on this company now and for 100 years to come. This long-term vision guides us as a business and determines both our decisions and actions every day.
As we extend our operations across the major trading nations of the world, we continue to stand out for the right reasons. It is our uncompromising quality, agility and unique culture which sets us apart.
We believe in working hard but we also have fun and a laugh while we do it. Our team is empowered to make decisions and have a say in how we do things.
Once you have learnt the fundamentals of Mainfreight on the operations floor, you will move into other areas of the business where you will get the right mix of autonomy and support. We believe that smart people can learn the specifics of any role so our focus is on helping you develop personal and professional skills that will allow you take on any role in the business.
We are an ever-changing business and we are constantly reviewing new ways to help our team develop the world-class skills that will lead our business into the future.
Our ongoing team development programs around the world currently includes:
- A full induction program
- Learning the business from the operations floor-up
- Structured leadership programmes
- Personal development courses
Marine Deniau | HR Manager
T: +33 160 217 409