- 12 January 2022
IT Network / Systems Engineer | Mainfreight IT Melbourne
Application Code: MFTIT76
About the RoleWe have an exciting opportunity for an IT Network / Systems Engineer to join our small but dedicated Information Technology team based at our Melbourne branch in Tullamarine. We are looking for a team player with a great attitude, the ability to multi-task, someone who strives to achieve targets and who is prepared to get in and get the job done.
As the role is varied, we are seeking an experienced IT Network / Systems Engineer with extensive knowledge and experience of networking environments, virtualization, server hardware and Windows infrastructure, data integrity and security. You will be responsible for the uptime and availability of IT systems and services and be involved in varying aspects of networking and server hardware to say the least.
In this role, you will need a thorough knowledge of IT Infrastructure, networking, and data integrity. This is a “hands-on” role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintaining server infrastructure, virtualisation, and backup environments
- Involved in design, configuration and maintenance of IT Infrastructure, whilst ensuring uptime
- Network maintenance, uptime
- Configure and maintain Microsoft Infrastructure and services
- Prepare and test security measures and D.R.
- Ensure systems availability and uptime
- Ensure the integrity, security, and recoverability of data
- Incident resolution
- Monitor systems and network performance and integrity
- Maintain technical documentation
- Communicate with Team members as required
- Suggest improvements to IT systems, performance, capacity, scalability, maintenance, etc.
- At times you will be involved with all aspects of IT at the organisation
Skills & Experience
- Experience as an IT Systems Engineer
- Experience in enterprise networking
- Professional certifications
- Experience with Backup services
- Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring, and analysis tools
- Experience with server hardware, virtualisation and security environments
- Experience with Microsoft Infrastructure, roles and services
- A good communicator, verbal and written
- Sharp troubleshooting skills, incident, and problem resolution
- Well presented, a 'team player' attitude and passionate about IT, with the ability to work independently when required
- Ability to broaden your skillset
- Desire to work in all aspects of IT
Benefits & Culture
- A highly valued role with job satisfaction
- Job security
- Ongoing internal training
- Young and productive team
- Annual salary reviews
- Opportunity and encouragement for career development through internal promotions