- 11 October 2021
Operations Team Member | Mainfreight Transport Melbourne (Epping)
Application Code: MFTEPP85
About the Role
Due to strong growth Mainfreight Transport Melbourne is currently looking to recruit new team members to join the Operations team based at our Mainfreight super site in Epping VIC.
We have roles available in our AM (04:00AM – 1:30PM) and PM (2:00PM – 11:30PM) shift.
Starting on the warehouse floor, you'll learn our global logistics operations from the ground up. Rather than watching from the sideline, you'll be expected to contribute, challenge and get actively involved in decision making. The more exposure you get to the business, the faster you'll progress!
You will be hands on involved on our crossdock in the process of unloading, sorting and loading freight and everything that happens in between to keep our customers freight moving.
If you are new to our industry but are not afraid to get your hands dirty you will start your career and learn about our business by assisting loaders to strap freight, move gates and scanning freight throughout our crossdock process. If you have good experience on a forklift already you will be more involved in the actual unloading, sorting and loading after relevant training is provided.
You will be part of a tight knit team and there is plenty of opportunity to do overtime during the week and in the weekends.
All levels of experience are encouraged to apply and ongoing training will be provided.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Loading and unloading freight
- Sorting freight
- Scanning freight in and out of the depot
- Load restraint
- General housekeeping duties
Skills & Experience
- Must have “can do attitude”. Attitude is most important – experience will come
- Ability to make educated decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Be eager to learn about our business by asking questions and build a long-term career
- You are team focused and dedicated
- Forklift experience is advantageous but not essential
- Annual salary reviews
- Job security – full time permanent position
- Ongoing internal training
- Promote from within philosophy – this means you have a genuine opportunity to build a career
- A great team environment and company culture