- 12 April 2023
Mainfreight opens new site in Melbourne’s Dandenong SouthAfter much anticipation, we were excited to welcome our customers, board of directors and team to join us in celebrating the official opening our newest Victorian branch in Dandenong South on the 27th of March.
This new site is our largest in Australia with 30,000m2 of warehousing space, 25,000m2 of transport space and 10,000m2 of container rated hard stand. Located at 757 Taylors Rd, Dandenong South VIC 3175, this site also benefits from close connections to key motorways and main arterial roads including the Eastlink Freeway and South Gippsland Highway.
Purposely built with longevity in mind, our facility incorporates the latest technologies and innovations to enhance operational efficiency while also providing better insights into our supply chain operations.
Sustainability was also forefront of mind when designing this site with features such as solar panels, rainwater harvesting and energy-efficient lighting allowing us to operate mostly off the grid.
Some of the key features of this site include:
- 25,000m2 transport depot
- 30,000m2 of warehousing space with 33,000 pallet spaces
- 4,000m2 of designated dangerous goods space which includes two separate bunkers capable of segregating and storing a variety dangerous goods
- 2900m2 of temperature-controlled space (<18 ºc)
- 700m2 of chilled storage (2-8 ºc)
- 10,000m2 of container rated hard stand capable of handling 500 containers and fitted with 24 refrigerated container points
- Access to rail exchange running direct shuttles to and from Port of Melbourne
- Over 2,770 solar panels (1.5 MWh)
- 1.7 million litres of rainwater storage
- Potable water
- Electric vehicle and truck charging stations
Come and say hi!
If you would like to see the site for yourself or have any questions about our services, please do not hesitate to contact us.Contact Us