- 18 February 2021
IT Service Desk Supervisor
The IT Service Desk Supervisor manages the daily Service Desk operation to support Mainfreight Europe by providing leadership to the service desk team. He or she manages the execution of all service desk incidents, problem resolution, and customer requests, while providing outstanding customer service. The responsibility concerns mainly on service desk performance, service delivery and the identification and implementation of improvement opportunities. Leadership skills and developing a Customer First culture within the team are a necessity to succeed in this role.
- Supervise, train, provide performance feedback and assign duties of direct reports to ensure productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness;
- Supervise the processing of incoming requests to the service desk via telephone and Topdesk to ensure professional, courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end-user issues and IT service and security requests;
- Analyze the performance of service desk activities and documented resolutions, including identifying problem areas and defining and delivering solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future incidents;
- Identify and evaluate issue trends to understand root cause and preventive measures, while working with broader IT teams to implement appropriate changes to systems, procedures and/or documentation to prevent reoccurrence;
- Ability to collect, analyze and process data to support decision making;
- Ability to work under pressure and recognize the importance of teamwork in the support environment;
- Define and measure SD team and team member KPI’s
- Sporadic travel abroad to other European IT teams
- Work with teams and peers in other regions;
- Identifies areas for continuous service improvement
- Associates degree in information technology or related field preferred or equivalent work experience;
- Leadership skills and progressive experience in a Service Desk or customer service environment;
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Platform, Networking, Printing, Citrix, Exchange etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, Dutch is a plus
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and decision making skills
- Ability to listen and identify IT related issues, articulate technical instructions to support our clients over the phone;
- Ability to collect, examine, and analyze data from a variety of sources;
- IT and ITIL related certification is considered as an asset;
- Flexible, adaptive, punctuality, willing to learn, team player are key aspects for this position;
- Knowledge and experience in the transportation and logistics business is an advantage
- Passionate about technology
- Cultural sensitivity and acting as a role model to the team
- You will be part of a dynamic company where you can make a difference;
- A ‘family’ culture in a stimulating, pragmatic and commercial environment.
Our business can be broken down into three core areas:
We have a 100-year vision, that means every person and every decision we make today will leave an imprint on this company now and for 100 years to come. This long-term vision guides us as a business and determines both our decisions and actions every day.
As we extend our operations across the major trading nations of the world, we continue to stand out for the right reasons. It is our uncompromising quality, agility and unique culture which sets us apart.
We believe in working hard but we also have fun and a laugh while we do it. Our team is empowered to make decisions and have a say in how we do things.
Once you have learnt the fundamentals of Mainfreight on the operations floor, you will move into other areas of the business where you will get the right mix of autonomy and support. We believe that smart people can learn the specifics of any role so our focus is on helping you develop personal and professional skills that will allow you take on any role in the business.
We are an ever-changing business and we are constantly reviewing new ways to help our team develop the world-class skills that will lead our business into the future.
Our ongoing team development programs around the world currently includes:
- A full induction program
- Learning the business from the operations floor-up
- Structured leadership programmes
- Personal development courses
Melvin Westerveld | Recruiter
T: +31 314 678 361