- 29 April 2022
Groupage LTL Specialist
Transport | Milan, Italy
The quality and success of our global supply chain is measured by the perception our customers have of the service we provide, and relies on the service performance of our people worldwide. It is for this reason that we focus on the development and growth of our own people to build future leaders in our team for tomorrow.
“Special people, special company” embodies Mainfreight and its unique culture.
As a Groupage/LTL specialist, you will focus on building, maintaining, and growing a carrier base that will allow us to meet the transportation needs of our customers.
There will be a high volume of inbound/outbound calls, tracking of shipments and contacting internal teams to communicate shipment updates.
You are a person who does not accept the status quo – a person who seeks not just to maintain standards, but beat them and constantly redefine our performance level. Someone who isn’t afraid to change processes.
- Develop and take the leadership of the Groupage and LTL truck service (International)
- Collaborate with team members to secure the terms of sale, including negotiating rates, identifying carriers, procuring specialized equipment etc.
- Work in a team environment to meet business needs and implement innovative solutions
- Tracking shipments with prompt communication to all teams
- Understand and be an example of company core values
Who are we looking for?
- Languages: English must. Other European languages will be highly valuated.
- 1-3 years of experience in the Groupage/LTL truck road transport
- Demonstrates a positive and commercial attitude. We need energy.
- Negotiation and interpersonal skills. Ability to persuade.
- Ability to deliver exceptional individual results
- A proactive nature with foresight (see problems before they are visible and solve them on the spot)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under pressure
- Customer service orientate
- Strong organization skills to manage time and meet frequently changing deadlines
What we offer?
- Access to key management for mentoring and advise when needed
- A real chance to grow your career in a business in the direction that fits with your interests and values
- Training and support to give you the best opportunity to be successful in your role
- Future global travel opportunities
Our business can be broken down into three core areas:
We have a 100-year vision, that means every person and every decision we make today will leave an imprint on this company now and for 100 years to come. This long-term vision guides us as a business and determines both our decisions and actions every day.
As we extend our operations across the major trading nations of the world, we continue to stand out for the right reasons. It is our uncompromising quality, agility and unique culture which sets us apart.
We believe in working hard but we also have fun and a laugh while we do it. Our team is empowered to make decisions and have a say in how we do things.
Once you have learnt the fundamentals of Mainfreight on the operations floor, you will move into other areas of the business where you will get the right mix of autonomy and support. We believe that smart people can learn the specifics of any role so our focus is on helping you develop personal and professional skills that will allow you take on any role in the business.
We are an ever-changing business and we are constantly reviewing new ways to help our team develop the world-class skills that will lead our business into the future.
Our ongoing team development programs around the world currently includes:
- A full induction program
- Learning the business from the operations floor-up
- Structured leadership programmes
- Personal development courses