Supply Chain EDI Developer
AIR & OCEAN | ROTTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS
Mainfreight Europe is looking for an experienced Supply Chain EDI Developer to provide internal and external technical support.
- Do you get a kick out of adding value to multiple businesses and team members, just by using your skills
- Does the prospect of seeing our customers strengthen their business as a direct result of your help give you energy?
- Do you want to help us beat out our competitors, because you have made it too easy for our customers to work with us?
If yes, then we must meet you!
We are looking for an EDI Developer to join our European team based in Rotterdam. In our open plan office, overlooking the port in Rotterdam, you will sit with our European leadership team. You will work with our customers throughout Europe, with the potential for travel where needed. You will be supported by your peers in Los Angeles (USA), Melbourne (Australia), Auckland (New Zealand) and ‘s-Heerenberg (Netherlands). Responsibilities will include processing failed documents, troubleshooting problems including communication, mapping, failures and issues and working with customers to resolve EDI issues.
At Mainfreight, we know we are different, and we are proud of that. We are a New Zealand company, and the way we do business reflects that culture – no bullsh*t, no hierarchy blocking progress to get things done, and close communication with our team and our customers. Our people are the most important part of our business and we make sure they know it.
What are we looking for?
- Experience in developing EDI connections and provide support for customers and internal users
- Preferable with Cargowise one and/or Crossfire experience
- Strong communication skills across multiple cultures and job levels
- EDI/XML/CSV relationships and integrations
- Test all steps on customer and partner integrations (All formats)
- Proficiency in English, other languages are a bonus
- A bonus but not a necessity: the ability or interest in navigating different databases, writing queries and translating these into reports and dashboards for the business and our customers
- A bonus but not a necessity: you know your way within SQL, Visual Studios and different reporting tools. You won’t just be making queries and dashboards – making sure the customer knows what they are looking at by providing guidance and documentation will also be part of your role
What can we offer?
- Meaningful work with visible impact
- Inclusion in a diverse, dynamic team
- Support and freedom to develop your own skills and talents on a global stage
- Autonomy – you arrange your own day
- Business laptop, phone and subsidized lunch
- A competitive salary
Our business can be broken down into three core areas:
We have a 100-year vision, that means every person and every decision we make today will leave an imprint on this company now and for 100 years to come. This long-term vision guides us as a business and determines both our decisions and actions every day.
As we extend our operations across the major trading nations of the world, we continue to stand out for the right reasons. It is our uncompromising quality, agility and unique culture which sets us apart.
We believe in working hard but we also have fun and a laugh while we do it. Our team is empowered to make decisions and have a say in how we do things.
Once you have learnt the fundamentals of Mainfreight on the operations floor, you will move into other areas of the business where you will get the right mix of autonomy and support. We believe that smart people can learn the specifics of any role so our focus is on helping you develop personal and professional skills that will allow you take on any role in the business.
We are an ever-changing business and we are constantly reviewing new ways to help our team develop the world-class skills that will lead our business into the future.
Our ongoing team development programs around the world currently includes:
- A full induction program
- Learning the business from the operations floor-up
- Structured leadership programmes
- Personal development courses
Nic Matthews | Branch Manager
T: +31 102 992 815