- 21 July 2022
Business Development Warehousing
Warehousing | Coalville, United Kingdom
Are you a professional, energetic, career-driven individual who wants to be a part of an exciting passionate
ABOUT THE ROLE
With a fantastic opportunity available, we are looking for a highly motivated person to join our team in a
Business Development role to support our growing UK warehousing business. We are looking for a
passionate, motivated and energetic individual to join our team. Ideally the successful candidate will have
had a taste of sales and is now looking for an opportunity to join a truly global supply chain business that will
tailor a development path for success out on the road proudly selling the Mainfreight brand and culture that
we are so proud of!
DUTIES & RESPONSBILITIES
Based in our UK warehousing facility in Coalville, United Kingdom the role will have a heavy focus on new
business development. Your focus will be to hunt new business and concentrate on driving sales growth and
continue to add value and improve supply chain services to our current customer base as we look to open a
second UK warehouse.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Excellent presentation
• Attitude and appetite for success
• Willingness to learn and grow
• Self-motivated, dynamic, and confident
• A genuine interest in supply chain and logistics
• Competent business acumen
• Strategic thinker / ability to think outside the square
• Ability to negotiate successfully
• Analytical and attention to detail
• Customer is King mindset
BENEFITS & PERKS
• Training on all required levels of expertise; Sales, Transport, Air & Ocean and Warehousing.
• Tools of trade; company car, laptop, phone.
• Working in a positive Team environment.
• Support to set you up for success.
• Ability for career progression locally, domestically or internationally
We are a young dynamic team - hungry for success!!
Our business can be broken down into three core areas:
We have a 100-year vision, that means every person and every decision we make today will leave an imprint on this company now and for 100 years to come. This long-term vision guides us as a business and determines both our decisions and actions every day.
As we extend our operations across the major trading nations of the world, we continue to stand out for the right reasons. It is our uncompromising quality, agility and unique culture which sets us apart.
We believe in working hard but we also have fun and a laugh while we do it. Our team is empowered to make decisions and have a say in how we do things.
Once you have learnt the fundamentals of Mainfreight on the operations floor, you will move into other areas of the business where you will get the right mix of autonomy and support. We believe that smart people can learn the specifics of any role so our focus is on helping you develop personal and professional skills that will allow you take on any role in the business.
We are an ever-changing business and we are constantly reviewing new ways to help our team develop the world-class skills that will lead our business into the future.
Our ongoing team development programs around the world currently includes:
- A full induction program
- Learning the business from the operations floor-up
- Structured leadership programmes
- Personal development courses