- 04 March 2021
Business Development | Sales Representative
Air & Ocean | Manchester, United Kingdom
Opening our own Mainfreight operations in the United Kingdom in 2016, we have now grown to have two branches and an infectious team who is making a difference for our customers right throughout the UK.
With this, we are now at the point where we need to go to the next level. Sales is the lifeblood of our business at Mainfreight and we are looking for an energetic team member with a proven track record in aviation/air freight experience to join our Sales Team in Manchester. Our Team, located at Manchester is looking for an enthusiastic team member with a hunger for Sales to join our growing sales team as an Air Freight Business Development representatives with the ambition to grow our customer base and bring new partnerships into our business.
Our strategy is simple, we want to be the best global supply chain provider and we want the right person to join our journey and contribute to our story. You will have the freedom and encouragement to proactively seek out and develop future initiatives whilst being in Mainfreight’s strongest European sales team, consisting of teams across Air, Ocean, Warehousing, road transport and supply chain solutions. All of these solutions are supported by some of the best supply chain technology in class.
- You will be a pivotal member of the Branch, focusing on acquiring new business and partners with a high need for air freight in their supply chain
- You will be a leader in the business, setting the standard of driving a strong sales culture along with all of our sales team in the branch
- You will build relationships with our customers, understanding their supply chain and use our global network, technology and resource to mould a solution that fits their needs
- You will have a good understanding of costing a supply chain solution, introducing competitive solutions whilst understanding margin levels
- You will have an open mind to learn about Mainfreight, our culture and how we do business with a flexible and mind-set for growth
- You will help design and drive sales initiatives in the branch in order to grow our market share and name in the British market
- You will not just be working behind a computer, we expect you to utilize all of your resources and be out in front of customers building relationships with key stakeholders in their business
Who are we looking for?
- A passionate, energetic team member with a strong sales focus and a want to develop your sales skills in order to build relationships with new customers
- A solutions minded person who likes technology, developing new relationships and a hunger for sales
- A person who seeks not just to maintain standards, but beat them and constantly redefine our performance level
- Without accepting status quo, you will bring an energetic approach to developing our business further
- You must have a big picture and long term focus, move with pace and sometimes impatience
- Excellent communication skills; with your team, the customer and the wider Mainfreight group – this is paramount across cultures
- A passionate person who wants to build a career in a global business
- Previous Air Freight/aviation knowledge and experience is required
- You will have a Bachelors or Master’s degree
We offer you:
- Access to a global business that wants you to have a fun and exciting career
- Access to key management for mentoring and advise when needed
- A real chance to grow your career in a business in the direction that fits with your interests and values
- Future Global travel opportunities
Our business can be broken down into three core areas:
We have a 100-year vision, that means every person and every decision we make today will leave an imprint on this company now and for 100 years to come. This long-term vision guides us as a business and determines both our decisions and actions every day.
As we extend our operations across the major trading nations of the world, we continue to stand out for the right reasons. It is our uncompromising quality, agility and unique culture which sets us apart.
We believe in working hard but we also have fun and a laugh while we do it. Our team is empowered to make decisions and have a say in how we do things.
Once you have learnt the fundamentals of Mainfreight on the operations floor, you will move into other areas of the business where you will get the right mix of autonomy and support. We believe that smart people can learn the specifics of any role so our focus is on helping you develop personal and professional skills that will allow you take on any role in the business.
We are an ever-changing business and we are constantly reviewing new ways to help our team develop the world-class skills that will lead our business into the future.
Our ongoing team development programs around the world currently includes:
- A full induction program
- Learning the business from the operations floor-up
- Structured leadership programmes
- Personal development courses
Graham Cordingley | Branch Manager
T: +44 161 513 9631