- 11 October 2021
Sea Freight Operations | Mainfreight Air & Ocean Sydney
Application Code: AOSYD75
Mainfreight Air & Ocean Sydney has a position available for an Import and/or Export Sea Freight Operator who is both operational and customer service focused.
Import / Export Sea Freight Operator
- Sea Cargo & Integrated Cargo Support (ICS) knowledge
- PRA and Port terminal operations knowledge
- Consolidations/FAK/FCL/LCL product knowledge
About YouDo you want to be at the forefront of international sea freight operations? Do you have a strategic mind with strong problem-solving skills? Do you understand ICS, and general import and/or export sea freight processes? Are you looking for a fresh change in your career where you can actively show your leadership, customer service and operational skills? If yes, then this may be the role for you.
About the RoleThe role on offer will require the candidate to efficiently process import and/or export shipments through Cargowise for a variety of FCL and consolidated (FAK) shipments. Mainfreight deals with retail customers so a high level of customer interaction skills via phone, email and at times face to face will be required. Other requirements will include:
- Exceptional customer servicing skills (Must be confident on the phone as a minimum)
- Understanding revenue & margin and identifying job profits in Cargowise
- Updating customers on delays and transhipment services and ad-hoc quoting
- Microsoft Excel knowledge
Skills & ExperienceThe successful candidate will be part of a fresh, dynamic, and agile team. The successful applicant should exemplify the following skills and attributes as a minimum:
- Proven understanding of Wisetech’s ‘Cargowise’ EDI system. Preferably within the Consol, Shipment, and Sea Cargo modules
- Strong proven understanding of freight forwarding operations (FCL/LCL/FCX/Groupages)
- Understanding job invoicing procedures and P&L a bonus but not required
- Impeccable presentation with a can-do attitude and willingness to learn!
- Be part of a multinational company with a vision for the next 100 years
- Be part of an agile team based in the leafy Botany area where independence and team-work is both favoured
- On-site parking and public transport options from Central and Green Square stations
- Professional development training for the right applicant
- Attractive salary package