Air Freight Mitigation Plans - 20 March 2020
In the midst of the current situation, Mainfreight have triggered a multitude of initiatives and strategies to provide solutions to assist our customers in managing their on-going stock movements, and to mitigate the challenges they are currently facing.
- BSA Commitment – Mainfreight have Blocked Space Agreements with our partner airlines out of our major airfreight hubs; Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, Hong Kong, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, London, Milan, Shanghai, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Auckland, and Christchurch. We are currently in discussions to increase space on these freighters to replace the lost capacity on passenger flights.
- Commercial Freighters and Charter Services – We are currently arranging freighters and chartered flights to ensure disruptions are minimised to our core routes.
- Express Road Networks – Mainfreight have an extensive express road network in a multitude of areas. These express road networks allow us to connect to core airfreight hubs such as Sydney, Australia to ensure that freight is still able to move out of the country if there are no services in particular states. These direct cross dock and express road service help provide certainty during critical periods such as now.
- One Mainfreight – As a global business Mainfreight operate on one operating system and one airfreight team. What this means is that we offer total visibility from origin to destination, live updates on ‘actual time departure’ and ‘actual time arrival’ and the reliability of handling high valued cargo at our own facilities. This helps ensure movement integrity and peace of mind for you.
- Communication – We have dedicated teams to answer your queries, monitor your shipments and provide solutions on a 24/7 basis if required.
- Mainfreight Network Services – While we are very proud of our airfreight services, Mainfreight also has extensive network of LCL sea freight consolidation services which can help bridge different lead times requirements to help ease stock replenishment.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact your local branch. While the situation is dynamic and rapidly evolving, so too are the solutions our teams are putting together for our customers around the world.