Service Announcement Americas | Coronavirus COVID-19 Update
We would like to keep you informed about the influence of the coronavirus on the transport market through this site. Mainfreight keeps a close eye on developments. We take measures to protect employees and customers, but we also try to keep our services as normal as possible.
Since the virus has also reached parts of the Americas, we are extra vigilant. As Mainfreight, we follow the advice of the local authorities.
Market Updates Americas
Our first priority is keeping our team safe and doing all we can to keep products moving. Although the challenges throughout our markets are present, all of our branches globally remain operational and here to assist. We will release market updates as new information becomes available. The most recent news on each service can be found below.
The USA has reported 64,000 new cases per day on average over the last seven days. Several states where restrictions have been lifted in May and June are reverting to their stay at home orders and "Phase 1 openings".
While this has restricted some social interaction, it is very much business as usual for our 990 Mainfreight USA team members.
Consistent with local guidelines, a small number of our team are still working remotely, or on shifts, however, all 74 Mainfreight branches through North and South America are fully operational with little to no service delays. Ports, Airports, and Cargo depots are unaffected.
The Mainfreight team around the world continue to provide solutions and guidance as supply chains adjust to local and global environments. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your local Mainfreight team.
Our US Warehousing operations continue to service our customers with risk mitigation measures still in place. The seven regional warehousing locations are seeing increased activity as a result of e-commerce volumes hitting record highs and remain focused on providing a high level of service at a safe distance. The Warehousing sites will begin to discuss returning to normal operations as regional guidelines permit.
All Mainfreight transport branches are open and fully functioning; we continue to pick-up and deliver essential freight nationally. We do not anticipate any disruptions to services due to Covid 19. The health and safety of our team and customers remains paramount. All teams and branches have taken significant measures to mitigate any potential transmission of Covid 19. Drivers are fully equipped with appropriate PPE, and these precautionary measures will continue for the foreseeable future.
- Protocol Coronavirus within Mainfreight | 27 March 2020
• Cover your nose and mouth with a handkerchief or bent elbow if you cough or sneeze.
• Wash your hands regularly for at least 30 seconds with soap and water or with a disinfecting alcohol gel. Dry your hands with paper towels.
• Avoid contact and keep a distance of at least 1 meter from someone who coughs or sneezes.
• Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
• Do not share personal items such as pens, food, drinks, cups.
• Stay at home (or work from home if possible) if you feel sick.
• Contact your doctor if you have a fever, cough and are short of breath.
• Inform your supervisor if you have been in risk areas. This includes China South Korea, Northern Italy, Japan, Iran, Singapore, Hong Kong, United States and Thailand etc.